Author Bio And Interview With Christopher Keene

by - October 30, 2020

 


Christopher Keene grew up in Timaru, a small town in New Zealand. He broke the family trend and instead of an accountant, he became a writer. He studied Bachelor of Arts in English Literature in the University of Canterbury and took the school's creative writing course too. Since then Christopher published more novels, the Dream State Saga, his new epic fantasy books, 'A Cycle of Blades' and 'War of Kings and Monsters'. In his spare time, he writes a blog about fantasy and science fiction genres in novels, films, comics, games, and anime.

 

 

 

 

If you want to know more about Christopher Keene and his works:

https://www.facebook.com/ChristoKeene/

@Lazarinth 

fantasyandanime.wordpress.com

https://www.amazon.com/War-Kings-Monsters-Christopher-Keene/dp/1950020029

https://www.amazon.com/Christopher-Keene/e/B06XF9DCKP/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_book_1


The interview:

1. Did you have any novel, or author, who inspired you to become a writer?

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was the trigger that led me to first write. It bored me so much it drove me to want to write something more exciting.

2. Which genre do you prefer to read and write and which one you like the least? Why?

Fantasy and Sci-fi are my genres-of-choice because they let your imagination run wild, so I guess anything on the other end of that spectrum is what I'd least like to write.

3. Fantasy and science fiction. If you should choose only one, you would write about magic, or science?

Magic. Science exists in the real world, so why would I limit myself to just that?

4. You have a blog too. Is it easy to balance between writing novels and creating articles too?

Not really, that's why I haven't written a proper article in months now.

5. If you could have a special, magical power, what would it be?

Sensory manipulation (including my own). It would be like manipulating reality but without doing any permanent damage.

6. Writer's block is one of the greatest enemies of an author. Do you often have? If yes, do you have a strategy against it?

 I don't suffer writer's block when I have the time to write. It's only when I feel like I don't have enough time to write something that I feel uneasy about writing.

7. Do you have any new, or ongoing project? If yes, can you tell me about it?

It feels like all my projects are ongoing. The only one I've finished is War of Kings and Monsters as it's a standalone. 

8. Which of your characters, or scenes was the most difficult to create? Why?

I find "time is passing and here's a summary of what happened during that time" scenes difficult to write because it falls into the telling rather than showing trap, which is sometimes it's necessary.

9. What was the funniest, or strangest situation, which gave you an idea for any of your books, or characters?

I guess crashing my car. Not really funny, but it was one of those crashes that would have killed the passenger if I'd had one. That started up a scenario for the first chapter of Stuck in the Game.

10. If you could be anything in any real, or fictional universe, who would you be and where? Why?

A telepath, for the same reason as my answer in question 5.


Thank you for your answers! And you, dear Reader, what would you ask from Christopher Keene? 🙃


You May Also Like

0 Comments