Author Bio And Interview With Birdy Rivers

by - July 09, 2021

 


Birdy Rivers was writing since her teens and she started professionally writing since her mid twenties. Before she became a full time author and editor, she worked as a medical assistant. When Birdy isn't writing, she is raising her twin girls and spending time with her family and friends. She enjoys reading, gaming with her husband, music and going outdoors. Music and writing were always special to Birdy, because they served also as therapeutic measures for her depression and anxiety. Birdy is a huge mental health advocate and often features struggles of mental health in her stories.

If you want to know more about Birdy Rivers:

https://www.facebook.com/bridy.rivers

https://www.amazon.com/Birdy-Rivers/e/B01LX25763/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B097SLN7M9/ref=dbs_a_w_dp_b097sln7m9


The interview:

1. What was your very first story and how old were you, when you wrote it?

My first book was written in the early years of college, so I think I was nineteen or twenty. It was called the Wolf’s Journey to the Moon. I’m not entirely sure whatever happened to it. I think it’s saved on USB somewhere. The next thing I wrote was the Shattered the Series and that was a few years later after I was done college.


2. Can you tell me about the 'Children of the Empire'?

The Children of the Empire are the first born of the kings and queens of each kingdom. They are normally named the Crown Prince or Crown Princess which means they are the next to rule. 

3. Next to the classic tale of Snow White, did you have any inspiration, when you created the book?

I’ve always loved the idea of doing a fairytale retelling as I loved watching the disney princess movies growing up and then currently have been rewatching them with my daughters. I also really enjoyed the show Once Upon a Time. I wanted to do a retelling that was different and that made the characters of these beloved stories relatable, especially for adults. 


4. You worked as a medical assistant earlier, do you use your knowledge, or about mental health also in your stories?

I personally have a Mental Illness. I’ve been diagnosed with Major Depression Disorder, PTSD, and generalized anxiety. I do like to feature some mental health in my stories as I know many have a mental illness and it’s not something that is always talked about. Most importantly I want others to know that they aren’t alone in their mental health journey. Since I have worked in the medical field I do like to feature a type of healing character in my stories. In Children of the Empire, Rapunzel is an elf and she has healing magic. 


5. What is your favourite genre to write and read? Why?

I love to read fantasy, paranormal, and sci fi. I do enjoy a vast amount of different types of romance books as well from MC, to mafia, and contemporary. As for writing I really enjoy fantasy, paranormal, romance, and a bit of sci-fi.


6. Fairy tale retellings are very popular now. What do you think about them? Do you have any favourite classic tale? If yes, why that tale?

I think it’s awesome to see retellings of fairytales, myths, and legends. It’s always interesting to see someone's unique perspective of those stories. Growing up my favourite fairy tale was Beauty and the Beast and is still one of my favourites til this day. I also really enjoyed the Little Mermaid as well. I didn’t really start to love Snow White till I was older. I personally enjoyed retelling not just Snow White, but other fairytales as well in Children of the Empire. 


7. Writing next to small children is not easy. How do you balance time between everyday life and writing? Do you have a favourite time to work on your projects?

Doing anything with small children is a challenge. I have my desk set up right outside the girls playroom so that I can watch them and write at the same time. I think with twins I’ve learned to master multitasking which definitely helps with finding a balance between mom, friend, wife, and author. I tend to write a lot at night when the girls are asleep, but I can definitely get some writing done during the day if I plan it right and if the girls are willing to let me. 


8. Children of the Empire is a part of a series. Can you tell me about it, maybe share a secret?

Yes, it’s part of a series. I’m working on book two currently which will be titled Children of the Empire: Reflected Mirrors. I’m planning on about four to six books with at least three novellas.  I don’t know if this counts as a secret, but readers will get to see the Evil Queens POV in book two, there might also be some other villains joining the party. 


9. Do you have any other project next to Children of the Empire?

I’m working on book two in the Children of the Empire. I’m also working on a book one of a paranormal romance trilogy and a stand alone paranormal romance. I also have a contemporary romance that is in the revising and editing stage. 


10. If you could live anywhere, in any real, or fictional universe, where would you live and as what? Why?

I would love to live in middle earth as a hobbit. I’m short and I love to eat, just not hairy feet. I really want to go to New Zealand one day and see hobbiton.


Thank you for your answers! And you, dear Reader, what would you ask from Birdy Rivers? 🙃


You May Also Like

0 Comments