Author Bio And Interview With Poppy Kuroki

by - January 07, 2021

 


Poppy Kuroki is not just an author, but a professional ghostwriter and editor. She loves books, playing video games and Dungeons & Dragons.  She currently lives in Japan with her husband.

If you want to know more about Poppy Kuroki and her works:

twitter.com/poppyinjapan

https://www.instagram.com/poppyinjapanofficial/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/greatbookswithpoppygroup

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08DNGXYH9/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0


The interview

1. You are a professional ghostwriter and editor next to being a writer. If you should choose, which of the three professions can be the most difficult and easiest? Why?

Editing is easiest, perhaps because I’ve been doing it for a long time. I’ve always had a good grasp of English and been interested in language rules and grammar. I always have happy clients and the perfectionist in me loves fixing typos and polishing pieces. I enjoy it a lot.


2. You love books and video games. Did you ever think to create a merchandise connected to your story, like a game?

It’s an interesting idea. Maybe if something I wrote got popular it could be a possibility.


3. Do you have any inspiration for your stories? A favourite author, or certain myths, folklore? 

Games and folklore, mostly. I take ideas from my home country, Scotland, as well as tales and cultures from Japan, where I’ve lived for six years.


4. Now you live in Japan. There are surely so many things different there, but is there any difference, which affects your writing?

Living here has changed me in some ways and I sometimes feel stuck between cultures. For example something I wouldn’t have thought twice at in the UK when I was at University is rude to me now. The difference in culture and lifestyle was a big inspiration for Oath.


5. If you could choose one thing, what magical object would you bring to our world?

Probably the Healing Staff from James Reid’s What Masks Hide series. As the name suggests, it’s got the power to heal a lot of people.


6. As an editor and ghostwriter, so far what was your most challenging project? Why?

Ghostwriting is definitely tougher. I had a guy whose first language wasn’t English and he didn’t edit anything before sending it to me. Just pages of consciousness in bad English that was often difficult to understand. It was tough writing that because the story was weird too. I can’t say more than that, I’m afraid!


7. Japanese folklore is rich is strange creatures and creepy legends. Do you have any, which you prefer from it and maybe even use as an inspiration?

Not so much legends, but things like food and customs, such as washing your body before taking a bath, made it into Oath


8. You are a professional editor too. If it is about editing your own projects, you do it for yourself, or you prefer hiring someone too?

I hire someone else. Never do the final edit on your own work.


9. Do you have now any ongoing project? Can you tell me about it?

I’m currently working on a steampunk LGBT novel. I’m hoping it’ll turn out well!


10. If you could live anywhere, as anything, what would you be and where? Why?

I’d still be me. I’m happy!


Thank you for your answers! And you, dear Reader, what would you ask from Poppy Kuroki? 🙃

You May Also Like

0 Comments