Author Bio And Interview With A.F. Stewart

by - October 10, 2020

 

A.F. Stewart was born and raised in Nova Scotia, Canada. She always had an active imagination and creative mind. A.F. favours fantasy and horror, when she writes a story, something dark and deadly. She published novellas and story collections with a few side trips into poetry. A.F. Stewart's new book, 'Past Legends (The Camelot Immortals Book 1)', will be released on October 28th, but you can already pre-order it since yesterday, October 10.


 

 

 

 

If you want to know more about A.F. Stewart and her works:

https://afstewart.ca/

https://www.amazon.com/A.-F.-Stewart/e/B00653FUOW

https://www.audible.com/author/A-F-Stewart/B00653FUOW

http://bksnfr.me/A._F._Stewart

https://books2read.com/u/bzjp8n

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08J5F8T6D

https://afstewart.ca/social-media-sites/

http://afstewartblog.blogspot.com/?m=1

The interview:

1. Your new book can be pre-ordered from yesterday, October 10. Can you tell me about it?

Past Legends is the first book in my Camelot Immortals series (although there is also a two short story prequel collection called Eternal Myths). It is based on Arthurian legends, but set in modern-day England, with the premise that magic makes you immortal. The book follows the adventures of Nimue, a rather grumpy witch who drinks and swears, and her friends, as they try to stop a dark wizard from destroying the heart of magic. Plus, there’s Nostradamus, an ex-lover of Nimue, who thinks he needs to be the hero. A great deal of magical mayhem ensues as they combat obstacles in an effort to save the day.


2. Fantasy and horror. Why these two genres?

Fantasy is my first love and the genre I originally chose to write in when I began to pursue writing seriously. I have a long-time fascination with mythology and folklore, and that fits nicely in the fantasy genre. Horror was something I stumbled into accidentally, after my muse temporarily deserted me (turns out she doesn’t like writing sweet stories). I decided to write a horror story to break the writer’s block and found out I enjoyed it.


3. You like both fantasy and scifi. If you should choose only one, which would you choose and why?

I’d probably choose fantasy, as it’s closer to my heart. I enjoy fantasy across books, films, TV shows, and mythology, but with sci-fi I tend more towards TV shows and movies.                 


4. Do you have any book, or author, who inspired you, or your stories?

Ray Bradbury was a big inspiration; I loved his short stories growing up, and he’s one of the reasons I write short stories today. Also, Neil Gaiman is a big influence, and Guy Gavriel Kay. I love Gaiman’s comics and his novels, and Guy Gavriel Kay is just an amazing writer.


5. If you could bring one thing from any fictional universe to our real world, what would it be? Why that thing?

I’d bring a lightsaber, because they are cool and I love swords.


6. Do you like working on more projects, or only one at a time?

I always have several projects on the go in various stages of completion, but generally concentrate on one project over a period of time to get it finished. But I also switch back and forth as the muse hits, especially if I’m working on short stories.


7. Creating a book is different for every author. What is the easiest and most difficult thing for you in writing a story?

The easiest part for me is the beginning and the ending. I know how a story begins and I know how it ends when I start. It’s filling in all the middle bits that gets tricky, especially the action scenes. I always have to go back and add more action in editing.


8. If you should choose one book, what would you recommend as a must-read for a fantasy fan?

That’s a hard one, because there are so many excellent books, but I’d recommend Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay. It’s not a big epic fantasy, more of a magical alternate history, but it’s powerful and fantastic. It blew me away when I read it.


9. Do you have any new, or already ongoing W.I.P.? If yes, can you tell me a secret about it?

I have about six other ongoing WIP’s at least, plus the editing of books two and three of the Camelot Immortals series and writing book four. I can spill a secret about Wayward Prophecy, book four in the Camelot Immortals. There’s going to be a bloody, epic battle to end the story arc; witches, wizards, gods, all duking it out. And in my other big series, a historical fantasy called the Obsidian Blade, I’ll be delving into Italian folklore, so that should be fun.


10. If you could be anything in any universe, what would you be and where? Why?

I’d be a dragon. They can fly, breathe fire, and are big, scary and cool. I love dragons.


Thank you for your answers! And you, dear Reader, what would you ask from A.F. Stewart?

You May Also Like

0 Comments