Author Bio And Interview With Alex G. Zarate

by - October 09, 2020

 


Alex G. Zarate was born in Texas and currently lives in California. Alex is not just a dedicated writer, but a philosopher and eccentric artist too. He writes obsessively, leaving his world only to take landscape pictures, as he hikes the countryside. Next to writing, he blogs, vlogs, tweets, posts videos and Instagrams his pictures. Alex's first book was 'The Orb', which he currently rewrites, to be a trilogy. His current book is 'Connections In Crimson' and his upcoming novel will be 'Reflections In Darkness'. 

 

 

 

 

If you want to know more about Alex G. Zarate and his works:

http://www.alexgzarate.com/

https://www.facebook.com/aIexgzarate/

https://www.instagram.com/alexgzarate/

https://www.youtube.com/user/alexgzarate

https://twitter.com/ZarateCreations

http://alexgzarate.tumblr.com/

https://anchor.fm/alex-g-zarate 

https://www.amazon.com/Alex-G-Zarate/e/B003OUKL6Q 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0855RMF8B 


The interview

1. You are not just a writer, but a philosopher and artist too. Do you use your photos also to your books in any way?

So far I have only used my photos with the author picture for the back cover.  

My photographs are used in my Instagram feed where I post end of day thoughts to the world like messages in a bottle.


2. There is anybody, who affected your philosophy? If yes, why them?

Many people have affected my philosophy.  

The most impactful have been my parents, who raised me Catholic.  Their love and examples while they lived shaped much of my views.

I have also found much insight in a book I once read entitled:  The Hidden Messages in Water by Masaru Emoto.  This is about experiments done on how thoughts affect water.

Finally Ray Bradbury has been an inspiration to me for years.  I met him years back and found his outlook and passion for life to be incredible.


3. As someone, who writes obsessively, how do you deal with writer's block?

I have never accepted writer's block.  

There have been times when I've stopped writing due to hardships or personal struggles but even when I don't sit down to craft my stories, 

I can still write blogs, caption photographs or journal.  

Writer's block, like anything else, is a label.  There is nothing capable of blocking our imagination.  

Even in the most dire of situations we can dream of better days gone by or better days to come.


4. Every artist has their favourite mood-booster, to get into the right mood. Someone needs music, snacks, or just coffee. Do you have anything, and if yes, what?

Coffee is always a part of my day.  

Classical music, Jazz and cinematic scores are also a big boost for my writing.  

Wordless music keeps the words flowing without distractions.


5. Can you tell me about your latest project?

My latest project is book two of the Connections Trilogy.  

The main character is struggling with the loss from the previous book when three strangers come seeking help.  

Each of them have similar gifts and must join together if they hope to stop the one intent on killing them all.  

My MC has faced dangers before but this will be the first time he has had to deal with someone who has abilities.


6. What is the most difficult part of creating a book for you?

Always time.  I am still gainfully employed (Thankfully) so I give up my morning and days every week. 

This leaves me to write when I'm tired, am balancing home responsibilities or on weekends.

I look forward to someday matching or exceeding the income from my job so I can let it go and write full time.


7. From your own characters, do you have a personal favourite? If yes, why that character?

There are several.  One is a character named Samuel.  

He is a minor character who has an overactive imagination.  

I have enjoyed adding him to the stories as he reminds me of myself growing up, seeing wonders in every corner of the world.

The cats and dog of each book are my unsung heroes.  They help steer my characters to their victory and often have challenges of their own that go unseen.


8. The Orb is your first novel, which you want to rewrite and create a trilogy from it. What make you decide like this?

When I wrote The Orb, I had never written a book in my life.

I have since written several and realize there is far more to this story than I originally put down.

There was so much that needed to be said when I considered rewriting it that I knew it would have to be put into a series.

It will be released as a trilogy beginning with Drake's Orb coming out next year.


9. There is any topic, which you always wanted to write about?

A few topics pull at me from time to time which I would like to pursue.

One is mental health, another is inspiration and a third is hope vs. hate.  

Each of these keep coming to mind as I've written my novels over the years.  

Perhaps someday, after I work for myself, I will have the time to take them on.


10. If you could live anywhere and be anybody, what would you be and where? Why?

Wealthy is the first thing that comes to mind.  Living on a private island would be wonderful.  

I love nature, am not fond of crowds and, if I had the time to write, the space to enjoy outdoors and the financial freedom to follow my passions, who knows what could be accomplished?

You May Also Like

0 Comments