Book Interview: The Way Out By Anne Powell

by - November 07, 2020



The Way Out is the first novel of Anne Powell and a part of The Proposal Series
Sara needs a fresh start. So much, that she wants a fully new identity. When she hears about an attorney, who can help her in this, she doesn't hesitate to use this chance. Derek is an experienced and wealthy attorney. He is intriqued, when he receives an inquiry from Sara. After meeting with her, Derek decides to help her, even that helping Sara holds high risks to him too. He has one condition. Sara has to be his 'girlfriend', to keep his parents from matchmaking during the social season.
Warning: The Way Out is a contemporary unconventional romance novel, which is for adults. It contains elements, which may trigger you, adult scenes, sensual senses and mild power exchange.
 
 
 
 
 


The interview

1. First, can you tell me a little about your book?
My book is both a tale of growth, empowerment, love & BDSM. Sara escapes from her abusive past and attempts to gain a new identity by enlisting the services of Derek Walberg a successful but shady business lawyer. He offers her the proposal of a lifetime in exchange for being his girlfriend. Sara accepts, but she has no idea what she’s in for - as she undergoes different stages of training and truly earns her way to her new identity and to the man of her dreams. 

2. What gave you inspiration to the story?
I’ve been reading romance novels for as long as I can remember. The one thing I always hated was that the female lead always had to rely on someone and couldn’t do anything for herself. Even though my female lead Sara needs help to achieve her dreams, she truly completes each stage on her own. Derek makes her earn her way, and she truly becomes a strong woman because of it. My book is a different way of looking at the damsel in distress.

3. Did you used any real person you know, or anything that happened to you, to any of the scenes, or characters?
All the events were from my imagination! That’s the best part about it - it’s truly shows my desire to be creative. 

4. Which was the easiest and most difficult part of creating this story? Why?
The easiest part was the writing. I love to write and my ideas flow pretty easily. The hardest part was the editing. I love using commas and I use way too many! 

5. Do you have any favourite and least favourite character? Why them?
My favourite character is Sara because I feel like she represents a lot of our readers in some way or another. We all go through things in our lives and we always seek ways to improve and get through the tough parts of our lives - and Sara is much the same. She’s looking to find her way out. I wouldn’t say I dislike any of my characters. 

6. If you could, would you make a live-action, or animated adaptation from your novel?
I would love to turn this book into a movie. Hoping someone will come around and see the potential for that to become a reality.

7. How long it took to create and fully finish this story?
It took me a few months to really get my story down on paper. The editing and altering probably took another few months at that.

8. Can you tell me a secret about the story, or one of the characters?
A secret .... not everyone in the novel is who you think they are. Stay tuned for book number two to find out some absolutely crazy details !

9. Do you plan any continuation or side story of the book?
There is a part two in the making as we speak! And a part three. 

10. To who would you recommend this book?
I would recommend this book to people who enjoy an equal romance - where the female lead isn’t necessarily completely reliant on the male. Where BDSM is part of the relationship, where power exchange is used, discipline, and a romance that takes time to develop.


Thank you for your answers! And you, dear Reader, what would you ask about Anne Powell's 'The Way Out'? 🙃

You May Also Like

0 Comments