Author Bio And Interview With MJ Vieira

by - November 05, 2020

 


MJ Vieira lives in Central Iowa with her family, her husband and son and their pets, a cat and a dog. As a child, MJ traveled around Maine, her home state, with her parents. Like this, she saw the vast history of the New England state. Later, as a teenager, she toured the nation while showing her American Quarter Horse, Truly Vested.  While traveling, MJ read many great authors, like Ann Rice, Stephen King, JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis. These writers and music, mostly folk and hard rock, gave MJ inspiration. She writes paranormal thriller, horror and high fantasy. Since the majority of her books contain adult content, reader discretion is adviced. When MJ is not writing, she enjoys reading, attending concerts and collecting music.

 

If you want to know more about MJ Vieira and her works:

Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Mj+vieira&ref=nb_sb_noss

FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2071842856419560/

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/authormjvieira/ 

Twitter: 

vieira_mj

Instagram: 

devilspaintbrush

Author page: https://www.facebook.com/Author-MJ-Vieira-327680554458876/

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15451674.M_J_Vieira

Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/mj-vieira


The interview

1. You have traveled a lot, since your childhood. Do you have any favourite place, which maybe even inspired you?

While I can’t say I have a favorite, I was lucky as a kid to get to see a variety of places. And since Maine has a diversity of landscapes (forest, mountains, coast and field land), it inspires me every day. 


2. High fantasy, horror and paranormal thriller. Why these genres?

Because those are the genres that interest me the most and that I love to read. I’ve always been fascinated with them as a kid. 


3. Next to your usual genres and topics, there is any other, which you want to use to a book project later?

I am working on a poetry book. It will contain images taken by a gifted photographer I know. But I don’t have a release date yet.


4. Reading and music are one of your hobbies. Do you like creating a song-list to your project, or you prefer quiet, when you write?

I need music to write. If things are too quiet, I get twitchy and can’t focus. So, I have playlists for each character and some for certain moods. For example, Jade’s playlist (from my Veritas Series) has a lot of Breaking Benjamin, dEMOTIONAL, and Evanescence. While Jayce, a werewolf character from an upcoming book, has Credence Clearwater, Aerosmith and the Who. If I want a mystical, fantasy mood I’ll listen to Black Moore Night or the Lord of the Ring Soundtrack. If I’m going for epic battles I tend to listen to Ursine Vulpine or Hidden Citizens.


5. If you could have any special ability, or magical object from the stories you have read, what would you choose? Why that?

Hmmm…I’d love to be able to control the weather. It would be nice to not have to deal with a snowstorm if I’m not in the mood for it LOL.


6. For you, usually what is the most difficult and easiest part of writing a book?

Usually the hardest part for me is the beginning. I’ll have a scene in mind that triggers the entire story but it’s not necessarily the beginning. So I have to figure out where it fits in the story and then go from there. The easiest for me is usually the ending, oddly enough.


7. What do you think about cliches? Do you have any favourite and least favourite one? Anything, which you like using in your stories and can be called your typical cliche?

I think cliches have a place in society but I try to avoid them in my writing. I use “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover” a lot with my son. I don’t really have one I hate…I guess I’d say I avoid: “Can’t cry over spilled milk”. Because, you can in my eyes. Just don’t dwell on it.


8. As someone, who writes paranormal thriller and horror, what was the scariest scene you have read in a novel?

The scariest novel I’ve read is Heart shaped Box by Joe Hill. The imagery he portrays of the ghost haunting his main character scared the crap out of me for some reason.


9. Do you have any ongoing, or new project? If yes, can you tell me about it?

I have a few ongoing projects. One is a werewolf saga centering around Jayce, a character I mentioned earlier. I have follow ups planned for The Manjian Chronicles and Route 201. I’m also wrapping up a horror anthology piece for a project being released January 1, 2021 called “Quarantined: A Boxed Set of Pandemic Proportions”. 


10. If you could be anything in anywhere, what would you be and where? Why?

I’d want to be a vampire from ancient times but living now, in our current century. I think it would be fun to have that much knowledge at my disposal to live now adays.


Thank you for your answers! And you, dear Reader, what would you ask from MJ Vieira? 🙃


You May Also Like

0 Comments